www.danielgainescreative.com ..............................................................................................................................all images © daniel gaines PHOTOGRAPHY 2011

FIND 52PHOTOS2012 HERE!

Welcome to 52Photos, a year in images 2011. 52Photos started in January of 2010 as an effort to capture 2010, one week at a time, through the eye of a camera lens. I've enjoyed the process immensely, and have been thankful for all the amazing feedback I've gotten as a response to my images, stories, and thoughts throughout the year. I'll be continuing with the blog through 2011 with a slightly new look, but still providing 52 images and some thoughts to go along with them. Technical to abstract, social commentary and just plain fun, you'll find a mix of topics, variety of images, and hopefully, something you will enjoy following along. I've had a number of people ask "where can I buy a print??". The answer is an easy one... select images are available by clicking here. Of course you can just send me a message too, I'd love to hear from ya!

-daniel gaines

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Out of Focus

Week 26


Out of Focus
June 26, 2011

If you look at it for more than a glance, your eyes want to continually scan the image trying to bring it into focus. No matter how much you stare at this.. I promise it won't be sharp. It's not supposed to be. :)

Our minds seem to be built to want to make sense of things. To put things into categories that fit the perspectives we hold, knowledge we have and context we live in. I believe that sometimes things just don't make sense, and maybe they're not supposed to. Or perhaps they do make some sort of cosmic sense that we're not privy too. That sounds more likely to me....

See, while I believe we are built to discern and seek out the answers to things, I also believe we are built to not understand some things. Not that we should cease to try, but rather that just as much as clarity and truth should always be a part of our lives, so should mystery. It's harder to accept sometimes but I think it's an important and very real part of our existence. If we embrace this just as we do understanding... if we allow for the unknown, I believe it leads to more peace in our hearts, and a more forgiving and gracious existence among those that are outside of the perspectives and context we use to categorize our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment